Registering a tourist flat in Malaga has become an attractive way to generate extra income. As an economic report points out, Malaga is one of the most profitable cities for holiday rentals. The report points out the low risk and high profitability of holiday rentals in the city of the Costa del Sol.
Therefore, from Hosticasa we have decided to write this article for those who decide to enter this growing property market.
WHICH FLATS CAN BE REGISTERED AS TOURIST FLATS IN MALAGA?
To register a tourist flat in Malaga, you must follow the guidelines set out in Decree 28/2016 of 2 February of the Andalusian Government.
This law declares that any flat located on residential land and that complies with the established common requirements and services, can be considered as a tourist flat. Therefore, practically any flat in Malaga can be registered as a tourist flat.
However, those who can not be registered as tourist flats:
- For holiday or tourist reasons, they are ceded without financial compensation.
- They are contracted for a period of more than two months, calculated on a continuous basis by the same user.
- They are located in rural areas. In this case they will be regulated by the provisions of article 48 of Law 13/2011, of 23 December and by Decree 20/2002, of 29 January, on Tourism in the Rural Environment and Active Tourism.
- Those formed by three or more houses or flats.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER A TOURIST FLAT IN MALAGA?
Before being able to register a tourist flat in Malaga, the owner must meet certain requirements. These requirements are listed in the Decree 28/2016 of February 2nd of the Junta de Andalucía.
The requirements are as follows:
- It is necessary to have an occupancy licence, complying at all times with the technical and quality conditions required of the homes.
- The rooms will have direct ventilation to the outside or to patios and some system of darkening of the windows.
- The flats must be furnished and have the necessary appliances and equipment for immediate use.
- They must have fixed element cooling in the bedrooms and living rooms, when the period of operation is from May to September. If the period of operation is from October to April, both inclusive, they must have heating.
- Houses for tourist use must be equipped with a first aid kit and Complaints and Claims Forms available to users and a sign indicating this in a visible place.
- They will also have a cleaning service at the entrance and exit of new clients.
- They are also obliged to provide travellers with tourist information on the area’s leisure facilities, restaurants and cafés, shops and food shops, car parks, medical services, urban transport, a map of the town and a guide to shows.
- Bed linen, lingerie, household goods in general, depending on the occupation of the house and a replacement set.
- Provide users with a telephone number to attend to and resolve immediately any query or incident relating to the home.
- To have at the disposal of the users information and operating instructions of domestic appliances or other devices that require it for their correct use.
- To inform users of the internal rules relating to the use of the installations, rooms and equipment of the home, as well as the admission and existence of pets in the home, restrictions for smokers and restricted areas of use.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO REGISTER A TOURIST FLAT IN MALAGA?
Once it has been defined what type of flat can be registered as a tourist flat in Malaga and the requirements that these have to fulfil, the procedure can be carried out in order to register the tourist flat.
To do so, you must enter the website of the Ministry of Tourism and Sport. From there, you will have to download the Responsible Declaration form and fill it in. The Andalusian Regional Government has a guide to help you fill in the form without any problems. Once the form has been completed and submitted, the Regional Ministry will proceed to register the flat in the Andalusian Tourism Registry.
In order to be able to carry out this process without having to travel outside your home, we recommend having a digital certificate. If you do not have it, you must print and sign the document, presenting yourself physically before the Territorial Delegation of the Competent Council of the province where the home is located.
In case you have more questions about the registration of tourist flats in Málaga, the Junta de Andalucía has its own page explaining the process in detail as well as other questions. There are also external pages that help you step by step in this process.
FINAL STEPS AFTER THE REGISTRATION OF A TOURIST FLAT IN MALAGA
Once the Council has registered your tourist flat in Malaga correctly, you are ready to exploit it and obtain a succulent extra income.
In the event that you do not know where to start, or do not have enough time to manage it, at Hosticasa we offer our services, backed by years of experience, managing holiday rentals both on the mainland and on the Canary Islands. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact us!